Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I didn't think this was possible......  (Read 2059 times)

bamabob

• View Profile
I didn't think this was possible......
« on: March 30, 2019, 01:11:55 PM »
Had dinner at Cracker Barrel last night, 7 net carbs!

Pulled up the Keto diet tracker app as I browsed the menu.  Found grilled lemonpepper trout zero carbs.  Came with three sides, that was the tough part.  Found turnip greens, 2 net carbs.  Steamed brocolli, 2 net carbs and side salad, 3 net carbs. 

I wanted chicken livers, they have good chicken livers, app showed 2.32 net carbs.  Then I noticed that was for one liver.  They usually serve about a dozen.  Nixed that.

BTY, wife had the smokehouse breakfast.  Eggs & sausage, she ate two biscuits topped with a bowl of sausage gravy each and a bowl of grits.  But she is 5'7" and weighs 118 lbs so she can do that.  but it sure was tough resisting that plate of biscuits sitting between us.

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't think this was possible......
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
Great job!  You can definitely eat out and stick with low-carb/Keto.  It just takes a little creativity and some will power.

P.S. It's extremely possible to make low-carb biscuits & Gravy (at home)!!!  I've been very busy lately (and still have a few forum things to work on).  And I'll be out of town much of this next week (in Florida), but I'll try my best to post the biscuits & gravy recipes very soon.

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »
Great job.    It is possible to eat low carb you just have to think about whats on the menu and adjust to it

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Great job!  You can definitely eat out and stick with low-carb/Keto.  It just takes a little creativity and some will power.

P.S. It's extremely possible to make low-carb biscuits & Gravy (at home)!!!  I've been very busy lately (and still have a few forum things to work on).  And I'll be out of town much of this next week (in Florida), but I'll try my best to post the biscuits & gravy recipes very soon.

@tenthunter.  Did you ever post your biscuits and gravy recipe? I love to see that.

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:36:44 AM »
Foer gravy  I use Carb Quick baking mix, Half & Half cream, sausage drippings  and S&P

Just remember to mix well since Carb Quick can have a gritty texture

Biscuits are here  http://letstalklowcarb.com/index.php?topic=158.msg421#msg421
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:45:57 PM by TMB »

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »
👍thanks