Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 1976 times)

CDN Smoker

• View Profile
Intermittent Fasting
« on: March 10, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
I travel to work so it's easier to control my eating. I have done a couple of 24hr fasts and starting another one. 24hr Ketone reading was.7, 36hr 1.0. Today I will only have an avocado for an afternoon snack and measure again after 48hrs.

Anyone else try intermittent fasting and what is your experience?

Thanks,
CDN

CDN Smoker

• View Profile
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:53:45 PM »
Had an avocado for lunch and measured last night.7, I was hoping for a higher number 1.2 or better.  Once I get there then I will slowly add food items to see how much I can really have and maintain.

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »
I'm sorta doing this by not eating breakfast.   Nothing till 12 noon and seems to help a lot ;)     Now ot took a little while but within a few days I was use to it and not hungry in the mornings.

Funny thing is after a week or so I even stop eatong dinner or at least cut back quit a bit

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 03:56:15 PM »
I'm sorta doing this by not eating breakfast.   Nothing till 12 noon and seems to help a lot

Same here.  I usually eat two meals a day.

petef56

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »
Hi everyone! My first post here. Friends with TMB.  :)

Yes, I've been doing IF since Sep 2018 with amazing results. Highly recommended!

Long story short:

* May 2018 diagnosed with Type2 diabetes, high BP, overweight... yada, yada, yada, Metformin.

* Went low carb immediately and within 3-4 weeks I weaned myself off the Metformin and continued to lose weight and lower my BG levels over about a 3 month period when I hit the "wall" and couldn't lose anymore weight. All that time learning all about Keto, new food, recipes, and doing about 25 to 50 carbs daily.

* Aug/Sep 2018 discovered Dr. Jason Fung on youtube. Watched his 6 part series and read his book "The Obesity Code". A great education! Sep 2018, I began intermittent fasting 12 hours, then 15 hours and a few 24 hour fasts. Typically 15 to 20 hours daily along with a modified Keto (30 to 50 carbs) diet. By Dec 2018, lost about 30 more pounds, (total loss 45 pounds), no more diabetes, BP normal, and had gained back my insulin sensitivity.

* Presently - Still doing a modified Keto diet (30 to 50 carbs daily) combined with 12 to 18 hour IF daily with goal to lose about 10 pounds more to be at my ideal weight and to increase my metabolism which had decreased due to too much calorie restriction. Now eating 1400 calories/day to maintain my weight at 150 lbs. Would like to increase metabolism to get me to 1800 calories/day and be at my goal weight of 140lbs.

Experts I like:

* Dr. Jason Fung
* Dr. Eric Berg
* Dr. Mark Hyman
* Dr. Mercola
* ...many more but those are my favorites.

--pete--

pamgould

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 12:18:31 PM »
in 1992 I was diagnosed with diabetes..I dont' stand a chance because both grandmas had it, damn heredity...Dr said I completely checked my diabetes in 6 weeks..I went mostly vegan, but the biggest thing I did was walking. That made all the difference.  It worked for years. I took off about 65#s in a very short time..
are you guys just using dieting? Have you added exercise too? My dr said no running, just walking is the best, running is too hard on your joints. I just curious.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
Hi everyone! My first post here. Friends with TMB.  :)

Yes, I've been doing IF since Sep 2018 with amazing results. Highly recommended!

Long story short:

* May 2018 diagnosed with Type2 diabetes, high BP, overweight... yada, yada, yada, Metformin.

* Went low carb immediately and within 3-4 weeks I weaned myself off the Metformin and continued to lose weight and lower my BG levels over about a 3 month period when I hit the "wall" and couldn't lose anymore weight. All that time learning all about Keto, new food, recipes, and doing about 25 to 50 carbs daily.

* Aug/Sep 2018 discovered Dr. Jason Fung on youtube. Watched his 6 part series and read his book "The Obesity Code". A great education! Sep 2018, I began intermittent fasting 12 hours, then 15 hours and a few 24 hour fasts. Typically 15 to 20 hours daily along with a modified Keto (30 to 50 carbs) diet. By Dec 2018, lost about 30 more pounds, (total loss 45 pounds), no more diabetes, BP normal, and had gained back my insulin sensitivity.

* Presently - Still doing a modified Keto diet (30 to 50 carbs daily) combined with 12 to 18 hour IF daily with goal to lose about 10 pounds more to be at my ideal weight and to increase my metabolism which had decreased due to too much calorie restriction. Now eating 1400 calories/day to maintain my weight at 150 lbs. Would like to increase metabolism to get me to 1800 calories/day and be at my goal weight of 140lbs.

Experts I like:

* Dr. Jason Fung
* Dr. Eric Berg
* Dr. Mark Hyman
* Dr. Mercola
* ...many more but those are my favorites.

--pete--
Glad to see you jumping in Pete  :thumbup:        I have been keeping 30 to 50carbs a day if at all possible.   Kimmie not so much but now summer is here I'm sure she will get back on board.   Now for me anyyway fasting mornings till noon seems to really help me maintain and yes I have cheated more than I should have but I have not gained any weight back so far  ;)    But really can't wait ti spring so I can get some use out of my UUNI oven I bought not to mention grilling season  :D :D :D

CDN Smoker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:01:21 AM »
in 1992 I was diagnosed with diabetes..I dont' stand a chance because both grandmas had it, damn heredity...Dr said I completely checked my diabetes in 6 weeks..I went mostly vegan, but the biggest thing I did was walking. That made all the difference.  It worked for years. I took off about 65#s in a very short time..
are you guys just using dieting? Have you added exercise too? My dr said no running, just walking is the best, running is too hard on your joints. I just curious.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Again, I do better at work. If its busy can average 30k step per day ???... Going to make my work into a jungle gym again.