Curing Meats & Food Preservation > Charcuterie: Ham Bacon, Sausage, etc.

Easy Breakfast Sausage

(1/1)

TentHunteR:
Here's my recipe for an easy breakfast sausage which you can make from whatever kind of meat you prefer.  With this recipe you know exactly what's in it!

Easy Breakfast Sausage

per 1 lb batch:

1 lb ground meat (pork, venison, turkey, lamb, etc.)
1 TBS Rubbed Sage
1 tsp Salt  (I prefer pickling salt)
1/4 tsp course ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 fl oz Water

Add the seasonings into the water and stir until salt is dissolved, then thoroughly mix into the ground meat.

Form into patties and cook as you normally would with any bulk sausage, or use for any recipe calling for breakfast sausage.

<1g net carbs (from the seasonings) for the whole 1 lb batch! 

Enjoy!

TMB:
Sounds goooooood, looking forward to trying it out :thumbup:

bamabob:
Thanks for the reminder as to how easy it is to make sausage.  I like that when making our own we can control the amount of salt and eliminate the bad stuff found in prepared foods.  And at the same time save $$$$$$.

DWard51:
Lately I've taken to browning up my breakfast sausage ahead of time.  I then make scramble eggs with cheese, and at the last minute will toss in some of the browned crumbled sausage with the cheese.  Stir to reheat the sausage and melt the cheese, and the mixed flavor is wonderful (and low carb of course).

DWard51:

--- Quote from: DWard51 on March 10, 2019, 11:44:05 PM ---Lately I've taken to browning up my breakfast sausage ahead of time.  I then make scramble eggs with cheese, and at the last minute will toss in some of the browned crumbled sausage with the cheese.  Stir to reheat the sausage and melt the cheese, and the mixed flavor is wonderful (and low carb of course).

--- End quote ---

That is also one of my favorite breakfasts.  I was buying the big tube of Jimmy Dean at Sam's Club and pre-browning the whole tube.  Had sausage & eggs for quite a while that way, and it's super easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version