Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cauliflower-Almond Flour Pizza Crust  (Read 1382 times)

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Cauliflower-Almond Flour Pizza Crust
« on: October 22, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »
Cliff's Cauliflower-Almond Flour Pizza Crust
17.8g net carbs total for this entire crust.

Most cauliflower pizza crusts require you to pre-cook the chopped cauliflower to get rid of excess water.  The Fathead pizza crust requires you to melt the mozzarella and work in the almond flour, which can be a pain.

I set out to develop a hybrid recipe that didn't require those extra steps.  This is the result.

You will need a food processor for this recipe!

Crust Ingredients:
200 grams (7 oz) Cauliflower florets (5 net carbs)
2/3 cup Almond Flour (8 net carbs)
8 oz  Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (5 net carbs)
2 eggs

Directions:
1) Pulse the Cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped with the consistency of rice.  Add the cheese, eggs, Almond flour, and pulse until everything is well combined, scraping the sides down as needed.

2) Spread the mixture evenly onto a 12" (or two 8") parchment lined, pizza pan(s) (I wear nitrile gloves for this step) and bake in a preheated 450° oven for 8 - 10 minutes. The crust will form a skin and puff up with steam.

3) Carefully poke the crust with a fork in several places to deflate the crust and release steam, then bake an additional 4 minutes or until the top is just slightly browned. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.

4) Top with 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce, cheese and other toppings as you like, and bake for an additional 10 - 12 minutes until done.  For a crispier crust, bake directly on the oven rack.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

bamabob

• View Profile
Re: Cauliflower-Almond Flour Pizza Crust
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 02:21:39 PM »
that does look good!  thanks for the recipe, will be giving that a try.

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Cauliflower-Almond Flour Pizza Crust
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »
I really love NOT having to either pre-cook the cauliflower, or melt the cheese with this.