Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Salmon Burger  (Read 1581 times)

bamabob

• View Profile
Salmon Burger
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
Picked up a pack of frozen salmon burgers at Costco, grilled one up, made a bun using recipe here:
http://letstalklowcarb.com/index.php?topic=176.msg520;topicseen#msg520
I left out the sweetener and syrup and added more butter.  Made a decent bun for a burger.  Topped with onion, romaine, and maters.  Mayo and sriracha for condiments.

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Salmon Burger
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
Awe man, that looks great!  I haven't had a salmon burger in a while, and now I want one.

Note on the buns (I'll post the recipe with some options):
> You can cut the baking powder down to 1/4 tsp on those buns (that's what I normaly use).  The egg is where it gets most of it's leavening and the baking powder provides just a touch more lift. 
> Tomy's variation added more sweetener to make them more like the McGriddle.  I normally use just a pinch of stevia extract in the buns to balance the flavor, but not make them sweet.

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 11:35:57 PM »
Would like to have your bun recipe.  Have burgers on the menu this week.  I thought of using the subject recipe but use almond flour in total and leave the flax meal out.  Will that work?

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:57:54 PM »
Would like to have your bun recipe.  Have burgers on the menu this week.  I thought of using the subject recipe but use almond flour in total and leave the flax meal out.  Will that work?
Ya I would love to see a recipe and or more versios of this  ;)