Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Meatloaf Recipes  (Read 1458 times)

sschorr

• View Profile
Meatloaf Recipes
« on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »

I am not on a strict Keto diet (yet).  Being a bit overweight (by about 30 lbs) and pre-diabetic, my doctor recommended a lower-carb approach that eliminates the main culprits:  added sugars or high sugar foods, all the "white" foods such as breads, pastas, rice, potatoes and traditional fried foods.  One of the first set of recipes I found were for meatloaf..  Here are both smoked and baked ones - I apologize that I do not know how to calculate net carbs per serving for these, and no pictures.  Since starting on this path, I've lost 25 lbs and driven my fasting glucose to under 120 (100 is the goal) without meds.

No Sugar Added Heinz has 1g sugar per TBS, so using a cup or less for a whole meatloaf (or 2 depending on amount of meat) probably adds 3-6g sugar per serving - I have not found a calculator for that.  There are Keto recipes to make your own ketchup/sauce, but I have not tried that yet.

Smoked Meatloaf
This uses both beef and pork and makes more than 1 loaf.  Add Worecestershire sauce if desired.
Ingredients:
1 lb Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
1 lb 80/20 Hamburger
1 medium red onion diced
2 eggs
1 cup crushed pork rinds
tsp granulated garlic
tsp salt
tsp pepper
1/2 cup of No Sugar added ketchup.
Mix all ingredients and form into 2 or 3 loaves.
Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill to 200ºF and smoke the meatloaves for 1 hours. After an hour of smoke, bump the pit temperature to 350ºF and cook until the meatloaf internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Rest the meatloaves loosely under a foil tent for 10 minutes before serving ... For planning purposes only - it took about 2 3/4 hours from preheat to end of rest.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Baked using parm cheese and mixed meat
Ingredients
Nutrition
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I have used half ground beef & half ground pork)
1 cup pork rind, crumbs
1 egg
1/3 cup  no sugar added ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix meat and other ingredients.
Shape into a firm oval loaf in shallow baking pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings.
Total 11 carbs.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Baked using Worecestershire, no cheese.  Also, adding ketchup at the end allows for really limiting that ingredient per serving.
Ingredients
2 pounds Ground beef
1 medium Onion diced
1-2 cups Pork rinds crushed
1 egg
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2-1 cup Reduced sugar ketchup
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients except ketchup. Mix ingredients until fully combined.
Press ingredients into a loaf pan.
Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes add ketchup on top and bake for 25-35 minutes more.
Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sam

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
Re: Meatloaf Recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 03:47:55 PM »
Sounds good. love meatloaf!

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Meatloaf Recipes
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:14:17 PM »
The meatloaf recipe sounds great!

I am not on a strict Keto diet (yet).   Since starting on this path, I've lost 25 lbs and driven my fasting glucose to under 120 (100 is the goal) without meds.

Not everyone needs to be on "strict keto", and your approach sounds great!  Getting that glucose level down is SO HEALTHY and beneficial for other health reasons besides weight loss.  If this is working for you, stick with it!  :thumbup: