Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lupin Flour  (Read 752 times)

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
Lupin Flour
« on: January 03, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »
Been reading about a fairly new Keto ingredient, Lupin Flour.

https://www.amazon.com/Lupina-Lupin-Flour/dp/B00BRFLR7M/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Lupin+flour&qid=1609692956&sr=8-5

Purchased this from Amazon and made this pasta recipe last night. This was the closest thing yet to real pasta. It held up to the sauce, soaked up the liquid and had no off flavors, at all. The only real difference from real pasta was the texture, certainly not al dente. Really just slightly over cooked pasta. Here’s the recipe, very simple, should make a great lasagna, I’m going to try making some bread next with it.

https://www.resolutioneats.com/blog/low-carb-lupin-flour-fettuccine-noodles/

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
Re: Lupin Flour
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 06:58:31 PM »
Looks very interesting.   I’ll have to get some in order.   But being down for another few weeks with foot surgery it will be sometime before I can try it

You said no funny taste so really has me interested

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »
Yup, you could serve this to someone, and they wouldn’t know it wasn’t pasta, albeit a bit over cooked. Maybe someone will come out with a way to make al dente LOL

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 07:36:58 PM »
I may have to get with you on how to.     I never made pasta before

Really sounds like something I want

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »
I’ve made pasta quite a bit, and pizza as you know, we met over at pizzamaking.com, if you recall.  The problem with low carb pasta, things like almond flour, coconut flour, basically all the replacements for wheat flour just disintegrate in liquid. This recipe does not, with only cheese, eggs and Lupin flour.

BTW, I just put a sheet of brioche buns in the oven, again using Lupin Flour. No almond flour, I’m actually trying to bake more without almond flour, I feel like I’m eating WAY too many nuts with these recipes. This recipe uses Vital Wheat Glutin (no flour, no carbs) and Oat Fiber. Here is the Brioche recipe:

https://www.fatkitchen.com/low-carb-brioche-buns/

Happy Cooking!

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 10:25:53 PM »
Here are the the brioche buns fresh from the oven, they are very light and airy.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 11:18:52 PM »
Yes sir I remember where we met for sure.  I was very thankful they let me post anyone interested in low carb there

Anyway those look great hope they taste good.   After I get back on my feet so to speak I’ll have time to cook more.

Looking forward to trying this out.    But I will add my main concern is taste.  I have a funny pallet in the way I taste the littlest off flavor in any food and it’s hard for me to get by some things that are low carb.   Cauliflower is one I just can’t eat at all taste like and old house smells so anything with it in a recipe I shout down fast

I will be picking your brain on this stuff

Tommy

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »
I think this brioche recipe above would make a good pizza dough. Shouldn’t need to prebake and could even be cooked at 500° in my pizza oven. Going to experiment with it.

I’m finding more and more yeast recipes using the trio of Lupin Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten and Oat Fiber. I much prefer this to the almond flour or coconut and fathead varieties.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:01 PM »
I think this brioche recipe above would make a good pizza dough. Shouldn’t need to prebake and could even be cooked at 500° in my pizza oven. Going to experiment with it.

I’m finding more and more yeast recipes using the trio of Lupin Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten and Oat Fiber. I much prefer this to the almond flour or coconut and fathead varieties.
Sounds good, waiting to hear more from you on this.  My local store is looking to see if they can get it for me

Would love recipes if you don't mind sharing them

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 04:17:33 PM »
My order of Lupin flour should be in Tuesday or Wed next week!   Really excited to try this out

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »

Sounds good, waiting to hear more from you on this.  My local store is looking to see if they can get it for me

Would love recipes if you don't mind sharing them
[/

The only ones I’ve tried so far are  the pasta and brioche buns, I linked above. If you Google Lupin flour recipes, you will find lots. I also search for vital wheat gluten with yeast recipes. I’ll post more as I try some.
Here are some from the Lupina site
http://lupinausa.com/recipes/

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
OK I'll dive into google to see what's out there. 

Very interested to see how this stuff taste and what can be done with it

Sanjosedale

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
Here is another new pizza, deep dish recipe using Lupin flour, I’ve not yet tried this.

https://www.ketofocus.com/recipes/keto-deep-dish-pizza/

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 01:26:48 PM »
Wow looks great!

Mine flour should be in today so maybe this weekend I can give it a try in a recipe

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »
Still waiting ::)  They said it should be in by Tuesday or even Thursday    I hope it's in today :(