Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sealing lavish bread after stuffing  (Read 506 times)

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
Sealing lavish bread after stuffing
« on: August 17, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »
I wanted to see if I could "Glue" the edges of the lavish bread down with egg and keep any filling inside and here is the first try at a large cook.   

I did this a few weeks back but it was a small piece and not stuffed as much.

For this cook I used two sheets lavish bread, cheese and meat then sealed it with one egg beaten and brushed on.

Now, the main part to keeping it sealed is to let the egg sit for about 10 mins aftyer you brush it on and lay the two piece together and you may need to press a few times to get it to seal.

I would recomend using foil under it till ready to bake because there will be some egg that comes out and will get on the surface your working on.  If you decide to bake it on foil I recomend you spraying PAM on the new foil so the egg does not stick to the foil and causes a mess. 

Please don't ask why I know this! ;) 

Sorry no cut pictuers of the finished bread stuffed and cut

bamabob

• View Profile
Re: Sealing lavish bread after stuffing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 12:08:11 AM »
Looks good.  It has been my experience with Lavash bread that it doesn't have the "texture" to hold up to stuffing or being used as a wrap.  When encountering any dampness they tended to fall apart.  The nutrional guide on the package needs to be read carefully.  A serving is actually 1/2 of a slice of the bread, so a total of 12 carbs per sheet.  I recently picked up some Mission low carb tortillas, whole wheat I think, were only 4 net carbs per wrap.  Used one recently to make a Calzone, came out pretty good.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
Looks good.  It has been my experience with Lavash bread that it doesn't have the "texture" to hold up to stuffing or being used as a wrap.  When encountering any dampness they tended to fall apart.  The nutrional guide on the package needs to be read carefully.  A serving is actually 1/2 of a slice of the bread, so a total of 12 carbs per sheet. I recently picked up some Mission low carb tortillas, whole wheat I think, were only 4 net carbs per wrap.  Used one recently to make a Calzone, came out pretty good.
Dang, how did I miss that?  Well guess an eye doctor visit is in mu future ::)  LOL

Sorry for the miss information, I just knew I read the info correctly  :o

As for wraps, if you brush a bit of oil on it then wrap and place on pan and don't move it seems to work well (for me anyways)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:52:21 PM by TMB »

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
That's something I learned the hard way.  Have to watch sauces and condiments.  Some are serving sizes of 1tsp, 2 tbs, or 1/4 cup.  sometimes i think the manufactures use the serving size to mislead since the calorie count per serving must now be shown in large numbers.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »
That's something I learned the hard way.  Have to watch sauces and condiments.  Some are serving sizes of 1tsp, 2 tbs, or 1/4 cup.  sometimes i think the manufactures use the serving size to mislead since the calorie count per serving must now be shown in large numbers.
So True.      Guess I was hoping I was right and the count was great but my and tummy & eyes deceived me   :D :D