Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any thoughts on this ??  (Read 3881 times)

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
Any thoughts on this ??
« on: February 14, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
Kimmie was talking with the counter top guy the other night and they somehow got to talking recipes and low carb  :D :D

He told her he buys this bread and make Mexican to Pizza with it

https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Joseph-s-It-s-A-Wrap-Lavash-Bread-4-ct-9-oz/10323273

bamabob

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on this ??
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 02:58:32 PM »
looks interesting, will have to give it a try.  I like to make pizzas with naan bread but can't have it when dieting.  The Lavash bread may be a good alternative.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »
looks interesting, will have to give it a try.  I like to make pizzas with naan bread but can't have it when dieting.  The Lavash bread may be a good alternative.
That was my thinking as well.   I see a lot of things I could do with it

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
Had to go to wallyworld so I thought I'd check and see if they had the Lavash bread.  They didn't have the exact same one but I did get this one.  These things are huge, about 12" X 10", nutrional values are based on 1/2 piece.  8 total carbs 2 fiber for 6 net carbs per 6" x 10" piece which would be plenty for a wrap.  Not sure how'd they do for a pizza as they are pretty thin.  They do have enriched whole wheat flour and whole wheat flour.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
Had to go to wallyworld so I thought I'd check and see if they had the Lavash bread.  They didn't have the exact same one but I did get this one.  These things are huge, about 12" X 10", nutrional values are based on 1/2 piece.  8 total carbs 2 fiber for 6 net carbs per 6" x 10" piece which would be plenty for a wrap.  Not sure how'd they do for a pizza as they are pretty thin.  They do have enriched whole wheat flour and whole wheat flour.

Gonna find out tonight Bob, pizza time at the Bomm-A-Rosa!    :D

Full story and taste test on it Monday.  I'll be using this one      https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Joseph-s-It-s-A-Wrap-Lavash-Bread-4-ct-9-oz/10323273

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »
Looking forward to your results.  That one has the same total carb count but 2 less net carbs.  Still per half piece.  When doing pizza with the sauce & cheese the carbs can add up fast!

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »
Looking forward to your results.  That one has the same total carb count but 2 less net carbs.  Still per half piece.  When doing pizza with the sauce & cheese the carbs can add up fast!
I know, but i'm keeping suace to a min and it will be on top of the cheese so iot won't soak in to the crust and won't be able to taste it

Only bad thing,  it's so big it won't fit in my Ooni Pizza oven  :D :D :D :D     

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 11:23:56 PM »
I've tried some of the other low carb wraps and while they are useful I'm just not a fan of the cardboard taste.  I tried the Lavash bread for making a wrap with some ham, turkey, salami and cheese, and while it was okay it still had the cardboard taste.  Didn't heat it, just used it as a bread.  Very similar to the Mission brand wraps.  Cardboardy
So today I thought I'd try one heated.  I sauteed some peppers and onions with ham, salami, turkey and cheese.  I buttered one side of the Lavash bread, put the mix on top and rolled it up after browning.  Topped with some Sriracha and Thousand.
It was actually quite good though I'm not sure the wrap added enough to make it worth the carbs.

While their not bad, I just don't feel these or the other low carb wraps are worth taking the carb hit when trying to lose weight.  8 total or 6 net carbs.  On the other hand if I was in the maintenance phase these would certainly have their place.  It's not that I didn't like them, I just didn't like them enough to add their carb count to my daily limit.

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 02:56:13 PM »
That looks good formsure.

Pizza pictures coming up!   

Had an issue with the center not being cooked but I think I know why and will address that in the post