Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lavash bread pizza 1st try  (Read 1655 times)

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
Lavash bread pizza 1st try
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:38:34 PM »
So here is my first atemp at pizza with the Lavash  bread.

First off from using torrtilas I knew I had to preheat the pan or the center would not be cooked and it would be rather floppy (which it was) but I think it was my falt

Next time I will use a pizza stone and NOT I mean NOT put the sauce on the bread then toppings, I will add cheese then the sauce.   The sauce seem to kill any chance of the bread from crusting up (if that's a word) ;)3

Anyway, here is the pictures and it really did turn out well buit next time will be even better although I used a pizza pan with holes in it I feel a pizza stone or a pizza screen would be better.

So here is the cook, I laid Rao's pizza sauce 1/2 cup total on a full sheet of Lavash bread then I added parmesan cheese, pepperoni,  mozzarella cheese, more pepperoni and sausage baked at 425 (with a preheated pan) but I had a hard time transfering it from the pan I put it together with and the pre-heated pan (again next cook will be different)   But here it is took roughly 11 mins and yes I burned the edges but that's an easy fix 

bamabob

• View Profile
Re: Lavash bread pizza 1st try
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 04:43:05 PM »
That sure does look good.  You could aways fold it in half and have a calzone or stromboli!

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
That sure does look good.  You could aways fold it in half and have a calzone or stromboli!
True but not sure if the bread would stay together or not.    Just need to play with this type bread for info on what can be pulled off

Should be fun to try  :D :D

TMB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:55:36 PM »
Wonder if an egg wash on the edges would "glue" it together??

Looks like another pizza/calzone coming up!! ;)