Lets Talk Low Carb Cooking and More!

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Regular Morning Muffin Keeps Me Regular  (Read 4915 times)

bamabob

• View Profile
Regular Morning Muffin Keeps Me Regular
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »
Staying regular is a challenge for me on low carb.  I eat one of these every morning for breakfast with a cup of coffee.  Great way to get some fiber, tastes great and only 2 net carbs.  Easy prep.

1 Tbs Coconut oil
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 pack of sweetner
1 egg
1/4 cup of ground flaxseed

Melt the coconut oil in a cup, stir in the rest of the ingredients thoroughly and microwave for 50 seconds.
I also add some walnuts sometimes or use cocoa powder to mix things up.

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Regular Morning Muffin Keeps Me Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »
Staying regular is a challenge for many diabetics (including me) because one often overlooked side effect of Diabetes is Gastroparesis (slow digestion). 

Even though I eat PLENTY of low-carb, higher fiber veggies, this looks like a tasty way help keep the fiber count up!  :thumbup:

I have everything needed for this and am trying this one either later today, or maybe tomorrow!

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »

Even though I eat PLENTY of low-carb, higher fiber veggies, this looks like a tasty way help keep the fiber count up!  :thumbup:

I have everything needed for this and am trying this one either later today, or maybe tomorrow!

Hope you enjoy it.  I've entered the ingredients into my Keto app as a recipe.  It shows 297 kcal, 11.48 g Protein, 22.91 g fat, 10.4 g fiber, 12.13 total carbs, 1.73 net carbs.  That's the recipe as above without walnuts or cocoa.

http://letstalklowcarb.com/index.php?topic=23.0

What are your primary high fiber veggies?

TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • NE Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »
What are your primary high fiber veggies?

Without a doubt they would be the cruciferous veggies: cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.

I eat lots of salads throughout the week with mixed greens (except kale - no kale for me thank you) and some purple cabbage.  I also like to add other low-carb things to my salads, switching them up to keep from getting bored: Olives, hard boiled egg, Avocado, zucchini/yellow squash, a few snow or snap peas, etc. 

Two veggies in particular I like to add that prove that not all root veggies are off limits for keto/low-carb are: 

> sliced radishes (very low starch, high fiber), a whole cup of sliced radishes only has 2g net carbs!
> carrot matchsticks - raw carrot, sweet as they are, actually has a surprisingly low glycemic load and lots of other good stuff! 1/8 cup added to a salad only adds 1g net carbs.

I also enjoy various summer squash and eggplant sauteed or stir fried. 

Admin2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
I can't wait to try these.    Funny thing with me is I do better on low carb diet than any other diet.     Wonder if gluten bothers me

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 03:18:40 PM »
Mixed things up recently for variety.  Substitued some ghee for the coconut oil, about half & half. 
After it came out of the microwave split in half and added a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese.
Makes a delicious buttery cream cheese stuffed muffin with walnuts.

IR2dum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 12:45:03 AM »
I can't wait to try these.    Funny thing with me is I do better on low carb diet than any other diet.     Wonder if gluten bothers me

X2

Admin2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
Going to make some this weekend I hope!    We had a MAJOR shake up at work with a few managers being let go (they needed to clean house) so I may have to pull a weekend here to get things in order just don't know yet!

bamabob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
Just wondering if anyone tried these and what you thought of them?

TMB

• Global Moderator
  • My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 12:09:22 PM »
I have not, been dealing with other issues but this is on my list I hope for this next weekend